8 replies to this topic

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

For most intents/purposes, probably will be my thread to post anything from my so-called "glory days" as a YCM moderator and stuff; ergo, my memoirs or something.

Yes, I feel shitty about a lot of the stuff that happened under my watch, but I didn't do so intentionally and certainly without any malicious intent behind it, contrary to what certain persons might claim about it.

=====

Also for pushing spambots off the main page; no one likes them and YCMaker / MTGadmin needs to do something about it, if either of them care anymore.

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Change starts with you...it starts with everyone. No matter what type of person you are, try!

Try to make the world a better place.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

If/when I return to YCM (after fixing my big ass signature and stuff), a draft return post.

====

So...I'm back after taking time to finish up my degree, get my professional / personal life in order and allowing time to heal any wounds sustained during the old days (for the most part).

And I suppose a bit of convincing from certain members I kept in contact with after my retirement/departure, even if I initially planned for my retirement thread to be the last time I'd post anything.

Hopefully we all get to know each other, and make this experience pleasant and memorable.

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Change starts with you...it starts with everyone. No matter what type of person you are, try!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

As of September 18th (or 19th, by UTC), yeah, safe to assume that any YCM return plans are currently shelved, and I have no immediate plans on returning to YCM or bothering with Neo Card Maker.

Though itʻll also depend on whether YCMaker decides to fold again, or whatever.

===

Yeah, I still feel shitty about a lot of things that happened during my mod career, but it is what it is at this point. Of course, whether certain members will just let things stay in the past where they belong and not drag it up is another matter. While Nyx has told me that people nowadays donʻt care, well, that remains to be seen. Remember, I am not actually there, but if I should return, things MAY be different.

IDK. I probably got too used to a community that bitches day and night about every little thing.

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

If anyone still comes here, yeah, please don't message me on YCM regarding the rulebook (whether you have gripes about it or not).

I quit my mod position / left the site (mostly) entirely on December 15, 2018 [so 4 years ago], so I am literally not the person you go to for gripes, especially now. Yeah, my name appears on the overall site rulebook threads, but those were made in consultation with other staff members at the time.

Custom Cards on the other hand are all mine, but the rules were made the way they were given the times.

====

If you got any gripes with how the rules are now, go take it up with Shinigami Nyx. He patterned the current rules based on mine, yes, but the rest of it is purely his wording and whatnot.

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

Bumping this up again.

Those of you who still visit this site via the YCM support link on the old card maker, seriously, don't message me about your gripes with the rules. Whatever written on them was made at the time they were posted, for the climate that existed back then. As I am no longer a staff member (and also haven't posted on there since my retirement), I literally can't do anything about it.

If you got gripes with the rules on YCM, take it up with either Shinigami Nyx, Flame Dragon or Enguin(?). Former is your best shot, as I have no clue where the heck Flame is nowadays and Enguin is questionable.

===

Also, don't ask YCMaker about the rules, as he was never there when the staff needed him at the time for updating and whatnot. Neither him or Falling Pizza had any input or say in the rules.

===========================

Any return plans to YCM are currently shelved right now, and likely will not be unshelved for the foreseeable future. Ergo, my retirement thread is the last post I am ever making on YCM.

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

April update.

Probably still shelving any return plans, even if a few other members I know on other servers are technically returning.

===

And I also have no plans on going over to Neo Card anytime soon, mostly because of the "baggage" I got and I cannot trust a lot of those members to not blow up something on arrival, even 4 years later.

So yeah, it is for my best interest that I don't return to YCM anytime soon [or if I do, stay strictly on the cardmaker as was the plan 14 years ago when I first came around].

As much as I'd like my redemption arc, I'll just have to settle for whatever exists right now.

===============

I really am a product of an old generation.

(Also using this to push down any spambots)

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

September update (and again, mostly for keeping spambots down)

Still no plans on returning to YCM proper or even Neo for the most part. As things are, I'm quite busy as an (geotech) engineer with whatever work I need to take care of, and won't have time to really do much.

Don't get me wrong, that redemption arc would be nice (because I might've left on a more sour note than I had wanted to), but at this point in time, I am rather happy without needing to deal with online stress. I already get enough stress at day job, and I do not need more of it elsewhere.

====

As stated before, I'm long retired / can't do anything about the rules (even if I am the one who drafted the current version long ago). If you have gripes, please see Nyx about them as I am no longer in a position of power to change/enforce said rules and guidelines. If you all have gripes about it now, then do note that they were drafted during different times and they were needed. Some provisions may be okay to remove at this time, however that is on the current staff to work out for themselves (and if it is even editable right now)

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

January 2024 update (and it has been 5 years since I departed YCM).

At present, still no plans to return (or even visit YCM). Now that I'm invested in my career among other things, I simply don't have time for YCM anymore, nor do I have the patience to put up with users who want to dig up old shit from back then.

Granted, I still talk to a handful of YCM users elsewhere on Discord and the like, but...that's off-site and usually with people I am/was already cool with to begin with.

===

Same thing as above, if not clear by now - don't contact me for any gripes re: disagreements with the rulebook and whatever else, as I haven't been staff or even on the site since mid-December 2018. There is nothing I can do to help.

Even if you message me on Discord, I'm just going to refer you to Nyx (who is active) to deal with your concerns.

===

take this as you will

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

Mid April update.

Yeah, please refer to Nyx if you have issues related to YCM (name changes, password reset, gripes with other users, etc). As much as I'd like to help out, I have been gone for as long as I have and retired; I really can't do anything.

Also no plans to return to YCM proper (or join Neo Card).

====

If anything, I am also just pushing down the spambots (because screw them)

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users