6 replies to this topic

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

Since Yankee and I have been talking over this in status messages (and mtgadmin has been notified of the need for some rules), guess we'll derive some of them now.

1. Do not flame/troll other members OR attack a member because of racial/cultural views

Trolling: Making snide remarks or purposely acting stupid to a member for the sole purpose of ticking them off.
Flaming: Attacks on a person's character for negative reasons.

We expect you to behave yourselves and not attack another member's character because they aren't as good as you or something along those lines. Do not come on here and start calling people the a-word; because you will be reprimanded. You must also respect other users and their personal/racial/religious beliefs.

2. Do not post illegal content

Do not post pictures of sexual content (including any form of mating rituals), Warez, links to illegal hacks and so on.
If you want to link to sites that host RSE hacks or something; do it over PM.

3. Do not use heavy swearing or racial slurs.

This is a PG-13 forum; keep in mind that we have minors on this site.
Minor swearing is allowed, provided you do it in moderation AND not towards another member. Usage of ANY racial slurs while you are on PCM is forbidden because of the chance of offending another member [even if you may not see it as offensive].

We have a moderator on YCM that is known for swearing more than he should be doing; DO NOT be like him.

4. Attachments

Attachments aren't exactly liked, either here or on YCM, because they take up site bandwidth. If you wish to post your cards or other images, simply use the IMG code from the card generator or if it's not working, upload your cards to another image host and copy the code from there.

5. Post only content YOU made

Since this is a Pokemon Card Making site, it is expected that you post your own works; NOT something that the actual CCG or another member already made. This also applies in the GFX Area (which I have written rules for, prior to doing this)

6. Spamming/Flooding

A general definition: Posting pointless content that does not adhere to a topic at hand. This may also include multiple posts if done in excess (you do it every single day).
We understand posts sometimes get long, so if you need to break a long post into several posts, you may do so.

7. Advertising

Do not post links to your own sites (or any official websites that are not related to Pokemon / general Wikipedia) in posts. You may keep a link to your emails/personal website in PROFILE only. Linking to news sites is okay.

8. Signature Length

Keep your signature at the maximum of 6 inches, vertical. This is so posts don't take up a whole page because of images or whatever text you have in there.
(Credit to Yin/Suigintou from announcement)

9. Abusing PCM privileges

This includes using your account (and possibly alternate accounts) to violate any/all of the above rules and continue to do so if your main account is banned. You don't need another account unless you somehow forgot your recovery email/password.

10. Dealing with spambots and other inappropriate content

If you see any threads or posts that violate the rules, including spambot posts (which advertise random content) or flame/troll wars, DO NOT post in them, Simply report the thread and move on. See the yellow button on the bottom left: use it OR link the thread to a mod if you are unable to use the button.

11. Flooding

Do not continually post in your thread solely for attention or post count; this is flooding and may result in a thread lock/warns. If you have to multiple post in your thread, make sure there is legitimate content.

12. Thread Hijacking

Examples include, but aren't limited to:

- Posting your own cards/pictures in someone else's thread EXCEPT for card/GFX contests or for comparison reasons. If you want to post your cards, make your own thread for them; it's not that hard.
- Posting in someone's else thread solely for attention. Use the status bar for that.
- Carrying on a side conversation that has NO relation to the main topic. For example, if the topic is about Pokemon and then you decide to make a word about some random anime and other members carry that conversation; this is hijacking.

In short, if you want to talk about unrelated stuff, go make your own thread for it.

Things that aren't considered as thread hijacks (and are OK to do):

- Talking about related stuff, provided it's relevant to the topic at hand.
- Giving CnC or other comments about a card/GFX or whatever.

13. Do not argue with the staff

They were chosen because they were deemed responsible enough to keep the forum running while mtgadmin/YCMaker are away. If they lock/delete a thread, they probably had a reason for doing so. Now, if you feel they're abusing power, then report it to mtgadmin [but check to see if they're following the rules]
_____

I'd like to make this clear that I'm not a moderator neither here nor on YCM, but I've already asked mtgadmin to set up some rules so this place doesn't spiral into a spam zone.

Anyway, if some things should be clarified or added/removed, say something.

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 29 April 2014 - 06:00 AM.

• Sadoldporygon and hunter2002gaming like this

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Change starts with you...it starts with everyone. No matter what type of person you are, try!

Try to make the world a better place.

Sadoldporygon

Sadoldporygon

Poké Ball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationIn your bed

Well, illegal hacks I am pretty meh about, since I am doing a ROM Hack myself on Pokemon Emerald, so... eh... that's the only I'm not agreeing entirely on :/

Also I noticed you should add to the Flaming/Trolling section  Flooding; posting topics and in others' topics for no real reason or just to get:

1 attention or

2 more post count 

Sorry if Flooding sounds too similarly put as you put Spamming in the 6th rule.

Other than that great job, Sakura, all you need to do now is to get it stickied :]

HAHAHAAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU MOTHERFU**CKERS I'D BE BACK! WHAT NOW NI**AS, WHAT NOW?!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

I think Yin or some other mods on YCM classify flooding as a different category from spamming, but yeah that should be added.

Bumping is OK, provided you ONLY post that word [though given this place isn't fully active yet, you shouldn't be bumping that much]

The illegal hacks are pretty much referring to stuff like that, and/or copies of Photoshop, pirated movies and so on. Just don't post them on the forum; you guys can PM them to each other if you want to though.

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Change starts with you...it starts with everyone. No matter what type of person you are, try!

Sadoldporygon

Sadoldporygon

Poké Ball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationIn your bed

...Do not post in someone else's topic: that is considered hijacking and will be warned...

Wait... posting in someone else's topic is considered hijacking? No, it is not, unless you start posting a new subject or topic in the thread as yours (like posting your own cards in others' card topics). But other than that I don't see how it is considered hijacking if you were to just either give constructive criticism or to comment/talk about something relating to the thread itself. Otherwise the way this is said can scare people from even trying to comment on others' cards and in topics. 

HAHAHAAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU MOTHERFU**CKERS I'D BE BACK! WHAT NOW NI**AS, WHAT NOW?!

Reginanos

Reginanos

Poké Ball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Keep in mind that PCM does NOT have spoiler tags installed.

Spoiler

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

Guess the spoiler tags here aren't as refined as YCM's ones (can't put "spoiler=(title)"). But I will edit that part also.

Either way, just keep your sigs small so it doesn't cause our nets to lag. Remember that for posting cards and other stuff as well.

@Porygon: By the hijacking part, that means posting your own cards in someone else's topic when it's not a contest OR for comparison reasons. In other words, carry on a conversation that isn't remotely related to the main one. I made that edit around 12-1 am in the morning, so forgot to write that part in; I have added that clarification in now. Obviously if I had left that worded as is, people would get into a ton of trouble from doing anything.

[Might've been easier if I just asked Frunk to copy/paste the YCM rulebook, but they're outdated]

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 27 April 2014 - 02:15 AM.

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

mtgadmin

mtgadmin

Mythic Rare

• Administrators
  • 27 posts

Since Yankee and I have been talking over this in status messages (and mtgadmin has been notified of the need for some rules), guess we'll derive some of them now.

1. Do not flame/troll other members OR attack a member because of racial/cultural views

Trolling: Making snide remarks or purposely acting stupid to a member for the sole purpose of ticking them off.
Flaming: Attacks on a person's character for negative reasons.

We expect you to behave yourselves and not attack another member's character because they aren't as good as you or something along those lines. Do not come on here and start calling people the a-word; because you will be reprimanded. You must also respect other users and their personal/racial/religious beliefs.

2. Do not post illegal content

Do not post pictures of sexual content (including any form of mating rituals), Warez, links to illegal hacks and so on.
If you want to link to sites that host RSE hacks or something; do it over PM.

3. Do not use heavy swearing or racial slurs.

This is a PG-13 forum; keep in mind that we have minors on this site.
Minor swearing is allowed, provided you do it in moderation AND not towards another member. Usage of ANY racial slurs while you are on PCM is forbidden because of the chance of offending another member [even if you may not see it as offensive].

We have a moderator on YCM that is known for swearing more than he should be doing; DO NOT be like him.

4. Attachments

Attachments aren't exactly liked, either here or on YCM, because they take up site bandwidth. If you wish to post your cards or other images, simply use the IMG code from the card generator or if it's not working, upload your cards to another image host and copy the code from there.

5. Post only content YOU made

Since this is a Pokemon Card Making site, it is expected that you post your own works; NOT something that the actual CCG or another member already made. This also applies in the GFX Area (which I have written rules for, prior to doing this)

6. Spamming/Flooding

A general definition: Posting pointless content that does not adhere to a topic at hand. This may also include multiple posts if done in excess (you do it every single day).
We understand posts sometimes get long, so if you need to break a long post into several posts, you may do so.

7. Advertising

Do not post links to your own sites (or any official websites that are not related to Pokemon / general Wikipedia) in posts. You may keep a link to your emails/personal website in PROFILE only. Linking to news sites is okay.

8. Signature Length

Keep your signature at the maximum of 6 inches, vertical. This is so posts don't take up a whole page because of images or whatever text you have in there.
(Credit to Yin/Suigintou from announcement)

9. Abusing PCM privileges

This includes using your account (and possibly alternate accounts) to violate any/all of the above rules and continue to do so if your main account is banned. You don't need another account unless you somehow forgot your recovery email/password.

10. Dealing with spambots and other inappropriate content

If you see any threads or posts that violate the rules, including spambot posts (which advertise random content) or flame/troll wars, DO NOT post in them, Simply report the thread and move on. See the yellow button on the bottom left: use it OR link the thread to a mod if you are unable to use the button.

11. Flooding

Do not continually post in your thread solely for attention or post count; this is flooding and may result in a thread lock/warns. If you have to multiple post in your thread, make sure there is legitimate content.

12. Thread Hijacking

Examples include, but aren't limited to:

- Posting your own cards/pictures in someone else's thread EXCEPT for card/GFX contests or for comparison reasons. If you want to post your cards, make your own thread for them; it's not that hard.
- Posting in someone's else thread solely for attention. Use the status bar for that.
- Carrying on a side conversation that has NO relation to the main topic. For example, if the topic is about Pokemon and then you decide to make a word about some random anime and other members carry that conversation; this is hijacking.

In short, if you want to talk about unrelated stuff, go make your own thread for it.

Things that aren't considered as thread hijacks (and are OK to do):

- Talking about related stuff, provided it's relevant to the topic at hand.
- Giving CnC or other comments about a card/GFX or whatever.

13. Do not argue with the staff

They were chosen because they were deemed responsible enough to keep the forum running while mtgadmin/YCMaker are away. If they lock/delete a thread, they probably had a reason for doing so. Now, if you feel they're abusing power, then report it to mtgadmin [but check to see if they're following the rules]
_____

I'd like to make this clear that I'm not a moderator neither here nor on YCM, but I've already asked mtgadmin to set up some rules so this place doesn't spiral into a spam zone.

Anyway, if some things should be clarified or added/removed, say something.

Thanks. These look good. I will make some minor adjustments and post them in the main forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users