6 replies to this topic

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

As the topic tags suggest, this is the evolutionary line for the Water starter of a Fakemon region I'm designing. 
Note that I have most of this stuff on a custom Wikia I run, so I may link there in case the Pokemon in question learns a ton of TMs/HMs or so you get a better idea.

Shukaigi

Species: Storm Hero
Typing: Water/Psychic
Stat Spread: 75/65/75/120/80/120
Abilities: Torrent / Magic Bounce
Height: 5'4
Weight: 107 pounds
Dex Description: Known throughout the land as a psychic hero, Shukaigi travels the world, searching for a worthy Trainer to become its partner. It combines its psychic powers with powerful water attacks to create typhoons.
EV Yield: 2 SP ATK / 1 SPD
Evolutionary Line: Lapakai -> Harenami (15) -> Shukaigi (34)

Moveset:

Level up
1 Psycho Cut
1 Reflect Type
1 Hydro Pump
1 Shadow Ball
5 Water Gun
8 Quick Attack
11 Confusion
13 Water Pulse
15 Bubblebeam
18 Psybeam
22 Aqua Jet
24 Aqua Tail
27 Scald
30 Psychic
30 Extrasensory
33 Aqua Ring
35 Refresh
37 Psyshock
40 Agility
40 Calm Mind
42 Swift
42 Flash Cannon
45 Torrent Sword
45 Speed Breaker
48 Geyser Shock
50 Ice Beam
50 Moonlight
52 Aura Sphere
52 Heal Pulse
56 Wave Cutter
60 Chaotic Hurricane

TM/HM 
http://sakura-pokemo...iki/Shukaigi#TM

Egg

Tutor

Hydro Cannon

Water Pledge

Harenami
Species: Tsunami Hare
Typing: Water
Stat Spread: 50/55/65/95/70/95
Abilities: Torrent/Magic Bounce
Height: 3'9
Weight: 42 pounds
Dex Description: Harenami trains its mind constantly for battles. Its sharp claws and powerful Water-type attacks make it a formidable adversary.
EV Yield: 1 SP ATK / 1 SPD
Evolutionary Line: Lapakai -> Harenami -> Shukaigi

Moveset:

Level up
Start Tackle
Start Growl
5 Water Gun
8 Quick Attack
11 Confusion
13 Water Pulse
15 Bubblebeam
20 Aqua Jet
24 Aqua Tail
27 Scald
30 Aqua Ring
34 Psyshock
37 Agility
40 Swift
45 Geyser Shock

http://sakura-pokemo...iki/Harenami#TM

Egg

Tutor

Water Pledge

Lapakai
Species: Lake Rabbit
Typing: Water
Stat Spread: 35/40/40/75/50/75
Abilities: Torrent/Magic Bounce
Height: 1'7
Weight: 15.1 pounds
Dex Description: It hides among the edges of the water to hide from predators. It can sniff out a particular scent from a two mile radius.
EV Yield: 1 SPD
Evolutionary Line: Lapakai -> Harenami (15) -> Shukaigi (34)

Moveset

Level up

Start Tackle
Start Growl
5 Water Gun
8 Quick Attack
11 Confusion
13 Water Pulse
15 Bubblebeam
18 Aqua Jet
22 Aqua Tail
25 Scald
28 Aqua Ring
32 Psyshock
35 Agility
38 Swift
42 Geyser Shock

http://sakura-pokemo...wiki/Lapakai#TM

Egg

Tutor

Water Pledge

I'll put notes about the custom moves in the next post.

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 02 March 2014 - 04:47 AM.

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Change starts with you...it starts with everyone. No matter what type of person you are, try!

Try to make the world a better place.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

Some details on the custom moves (since there are a few of them)

Torrent Sword (BP 80) - Essentially a Water version of Shadow Ball

Speed Breaker (BP 80) - Special Psychic version of Extreme Speed

Geyser Shock (BP 130) - Water version of Overheat and Leaf Storm

Wave Cutter (BP 120) - Water version of Solarbeam

Chaotic Hurricane (BP 70) - Psychic/Special, Shukaigi's signature move; allows it to deal damage ignoring abilities and/or type matchups and attacks the lower of the opponent's defensive stats. (If used on something like Metagross or Jirachi OR a Dark type, damage is 1/2. Everything else works as normal)

Yeah, the signature move is already overpowered as is; especially combined with Shukaigi's base 120 SP ATK.

Oh and a pic of Shukaigi (like the rest of its evolutionary line, based on a rabbit except with some aspect of shounen heroes and other magical creatures)

300px-009.png

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 14 April 2014 - 04:13 PM.

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Change starts with you...it starts with everyone. No matter what type of person you are, try!

Sadoldporygon

Sadoldporygon

Poké Ball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 98 posts
  • LocationIn your bed

An issue I faced while making Pokemon is making Pokemon that avoid:

1 Seeming Fan-Boyish and looking very much like some other media (like from another show)

2 Over-exaggerate  with their movepools and such things

3 Create movepools that are made especially for competitiveness

4 Create naturalized and original Pokemon (like Pokemon that look like it can really be a Pokemon)

5 Make Pokemon with obnoxious stats (like obviously-made-for-battle stats, non-hindered stats and high BSTs)

6 Make illogical Pokemon\

7 Create a high amount of custom moves and abilities that overwhelm the viewer in not finding the originality of the Pokemon attractive

8 Create a bunch of new types,evolution methods and new mechanics introduced into the game just for one Pokemon, attack or ability 

I'm sorry if I offended you with this post; it just seems like your Pokemon boasted all of the above. It is just I am so used to having to criticize on peoples Pokemon and others badly criticizing mine (with a vote system of 3; if you get 3 positive votes it is in the game but if you get 3 negatives it is rejected)., so if you were to go onto that site and post it most likely it would have gotten bad criticism and rejected quickly without haste. But anyways looks like you took your time; but it looks a bit like some sort of 80's cartoon or Digimon (another reason I don't like posting a picture of my Pokemon) and is way too competitively built in its stats and movepool. Again, sorry if I seem I am acting mean, I am letting out my opinion. If you gave it WAY less of a giant movepool, competitive stats, and made up moves, then it will look way better naturally (meaning that it will look good in-game) and competitively (as everyone likes playing with a natural Sweeper not made especially to sweep). Once again. sorry for this long post; has been quite a while since I have let my criticism out.

HAHAHAAHAHAHA I TOLD YOU MOTHERFU**CKERS I'D BE BACK! WHAT NOW NI**AS, WHAT NOW?!

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

The reason I made this line was because both Lopunny/Diggersby aren't good for battling (Azumarill is good, but ONLY if it runs Huge Power; otherwise its stats are crap aside from HP). The latter two are slow also.

In a way, I wanted to make something that has the speed (given rabbits are supposed to be fast) and has enough power to run on its own w/out needing abilities. And a slight bit at attempting a Special version.

I could subtract Shadow Ball from its lineup, since it already gets a STAB version of it (or vice versa). Think its signature move should go as well, especially since Dark types get hit from it, even though they're immune normally. It knows Moonlight b/c I took some aspect from the moon rabbit in Asian mythology.

Just like Starmie or something like that, it still can get killed by Bug, Dark, Ghost or the usual checks. Scizor can especially kill this. But yes, this was designed for OU play (though it'd get kicked into Ubers considering its moveset and power to use it)

(I expected this would get a lot of criticism, though. Hopefully the Fire/Grass starters are a bit toned down from what the Water starters have shown)

For the name origins, if you guys want:

Shukaigi - shujinkou (Japanese for "hero/protagonist"), kai (Japanese/Hawaiian for ocean; part of the word in latter) and usagi (Japanese for rabbit)

Harenami - hare and tsunami

Lapakai - Lāpaki (Hawaiian for rabbit), makai (Hawaiian for "to the ocean") or "kai" (see Shukaigi)

Edited by Sakura Haruno, 02 March 2014 - 04:25 AM.

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

For you all who are versed in Smogon battles, given the movesets and whatever I've given this evolutionary line; how well would they do in Gen 6 fights?

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Reginanos

Reginanos

Poké Ball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

For you all who are versed in Smogon battles, given the movesets and whatever I've given this evolutionary line; how well would they do in Gen 6 fights?

It seems to me that it would be a fairly good anti-lead due to Magic Bounce and Speed Breaker. I'd say it would do fine; there are still other choices, but the viability is there.

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Flash Flyer - Sakura

Great Ball

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • LocationHawai'i, USA

It blocks Stealth Rock/any other entry hazards (well, redirects them anyway) so might help on teams that needs them off. (Starmie has Rapid Spin to remove said hazards, should they already be around)

Granted, Shukaigi is frailer than Starmie defensively (outside of 10 more base HP), as such Scizor and whatever checks exist for Starmie have an easier time wiping this out; not factoring in the +2 priority Speed Breaker to take out said threats prior. Signature move may help against Dark types though, since it does break their immunity and turns into a 1/2 resistance (which doesn't require Miracle Eye; given I didn't give it that move as a level up).

It does learn BoltBeam as well.

I agree that it should be fine as anti-lead (or possible sweeper), had it been released on Smogon CAP or OU. 120 base SP ATK is enough to damage a lot of `mons and its high speed allows it to hit first when it has to.

BhRGore.png8BKIv9X.png

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sakura, water starter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users